Monday, April 26, 2010

I am loving this stage with my boys. They are both old enough now that we can really enjoy family outings and it is not too much work. We went to the easter pageant with our friends the Hales and it was so fun. We ate icecream cones and snuggled on blankets in the grass with the beautiful temple grounds surrounding us. I was in heaven! :)

Cooper watched the entire pageant and asked questions throughout. He really loves things like that and it was a great teaching experience even for a 3 year old. It is so entertaining and sweet to watch how their little minds make associations and what things make an impact on them. Some funny things from the night that I want to remember was that when we were walking around before the pageant started, we saw all the people dressed up in their costumes. Coop was a little scared of the big roman soldier with his sword and I tried to explain that he was just a character. Coop somehow mixed up the word character with "teenager" so all night he kept asking me about the mean teenagers. We laughed so hard once we figured out what he was talking about. Also, during the crucifixion scene the people carry around lit torches and the whole stage seems to light up with fire. Coop talked the whole way home about how the mean people fired Jesus. He was so concerned. We tried to get him to focus on the part about Jesus coming back alive but he was a little preoccupied with the fire. Can you blame him? :)

Overall it was such a sweet memory for me as a mom and I am grateful for the spirit that my children can feel even at such a young age.



2 comments:

jandbfillmore said...

The Easter pageant!!! How fun. You're right, this has got to be the perfect age to do that with both of your boys. How neat. Wish we could've been there with you guys.

Whitney said...

It was so fun! And you could have totally blamed the ice creams on us .. more specifically on Brandon for buying Rachel one. :) I love that we live so close!!