Contractions all night thursday night but nothing that got closer than 5-8 minutes apart. I had a Dr appointment friday morning at 9:30 and when he checked me he said I was 3-4 cm dilated. He said he though I was in early labor and being group be strep positive with a history of going quickly with cole... he said he would plan on seeing me at the hospital later that day. :) I had a lunch date scheduled with friends so I went and hung out with them for a little bit and walked around the mall. My contractions continued to only be 5-8 min apart but my back was KILLING me. By about 5 pm I could not take the back pain any longer so my mom came over and danny and I headed to the hospital. I felt kind of silly because despite all that time my contractions didnt ever get closer. They hurt really bad when I had them but they were still so far apart. I got to the hospital and Dr Huish was actually there for a delivery. He admitted me no questions asked, I got my epidural (worst one to date because my legs were SO numb but I could feel the contractions in my stomach), and they started my 4 hours of antibiotics. I was only 4 1/2 cm dilated. After my antibiotics Dr Huish broke my water and within the hour I was ready to have Polly. Dr Huish beat my mom and verna to the hospital and was so kind to wait until they got there. I pushed a couple times and couldnt believe she was actually here! We are so blessed that everything went so smoothly. It is truly a miracle and gift from heaven to have a new baby. Believe it or not I really enjoy it all! She was perfect!
Born August 12, 2011 @ 10:54 pm. Weighed 6 lbs 14 oz. Surprised us all by Looking so much like her brother Cole! :)
I had Christa Nail as my nurse. She is one of my best friends at work so it was awesome. It was so fun to deliver with my girls and they even decorated my room so cute! Thanks girls!!
There was nothing more amazing than watching my two little guys meet their sister for the first time. They absolutely love her and their reactions were so sweet.
Polly had jaundice very quickly after she was born. She was admitted to the NICU and was under lights for a full 3 days. Luckily they let me stay at the hospital with her even though I was ready to be discharged. It was not very fun but I was grateful to get the lights done so we didnt have to do it when we got home.
5 comments:
Congratulations! So happy for you. What a beautiful family.
congratulations!!! i had no idea you were even expecting!
she is so, so sweet kasey! congrats! i hope i can meet her some day. love getting caught up on your blog.
Congrats!! How exciting to have a pink bundle! You look absolutely gorgeous.
Ahhhh! A girl!! Glad one of us will get one. She is beautiful, and I'm glad her big brothers love her too. Sure miss you. I'll pray she's a sleeper
Post a Comment