Sunday, March 15, 2009

courtneys wedding

I can not even believe that my little sis is married!! It was amazing and wonderful and I am so happy that it all turned out how it did! Courtney and Landon met their freshman year at BYU while living in the dorms and ended up writing throughout his mission. When he got home this summer they still felt the same about each other and March 5th they tied the knot. My mom worked so hard and thank you's can not even come close to expressing how grateful we are for the many wonderful friends that helped make it happen! 
Wednesday court went through the temple and it was one of the highlights of the weekend. She was so calm and so prepared. I am so proud of her. I can not describe the feeling I had looking around and seeing most of my family all in white. Even though my boys are still small I can imagine how good it must be to have your children make it to that point in their lives. That is truly a blessing. That afternoon we did pictures at the temple. It was a beautiful day and courtney looked incredible! (Landon looked pretty good himself :)) Wednesday night was the dinner. Delicious (home made) cafe rio and wonderful company. My mom and their group brought the house down! ha ha. They were even given a new nickname "Leila and the Girls". We had a blast and really enjoyed getting to know the Fowlers even more. They are a wonderful family and it was cool to see how much our families fit together. The wedding day went off with only a slight hitch as my dad got a flat tire on the freeway coming home from picking my aunt up from the airport! Needless to say we did manage to make it to the temple on time and it was wonderful. The reception was beautiful. I seriously can not believe the talent that exists with our friends and how they are able to create what they do. It was everything that court could have wanted! Thank you Thank you! The long day and party ended with the cutting of the cake. (My mom even got in on the action as courtney creamed her as well as Landon! Good sport mom! :)) And the newlyweds drove off for a wonderful honeymoon in SanDiego. It makes me so happy to know that my little sis found a great guy to spend the rest of her life with. I love them both and am excited for them to learn and grow together. 
Although I would never want to go back and start over- it is refreshing to think about how danny and I felt at that same time in our lives. There is never a time when it is quite the same again. It is different and amazing but still never the same so live it up you two!














12 comments:

Allison Claire said...

These pictures are beautiful! I am glad it was a good wedding. You especially look amazing Kasey! :)

leila said...

Kasey you are beautiful. Your family is beautiful. Cole's hair is out of control!! But I know who he looks like...Landon!!

davidandsuzi said...

Your boys are adorable! You are such a good looking family!!

Courtney and Landon Fowler said...

Yay I've joined the blogging world! the wedding was absolutely perfect! I can't wait to see you all again this weekend for the reception up here! Love you Kasey! You have been the best example to me my whole life!

BriAnne said...

COngratulations to Courtney! That is so exciting and I so love her dress!! So pretty!

Will & Camie Shill said...

kasey you little fam is soo cute and your boys are precious! 2 already i have to catch up!

Whitney said...

Thanks for the pics! Courtney looks gorgeous! And I love your family picture. Love the green skirt. Good to see you this week - thanks for squeezing us in!

Allie said...

Congratulations Courtney! She did look beautiful on her big day. I can't believe she is old enough to be married- I must be getting old.

Whitney said...

How was Vegas?

Cody and Lexie said...

You guys looked great and Courtney was a beautiful bride- I loved her pearls!!

Danielle Perona said...

Your boys are so cute! I miss you! Looks like you are doing well. Landon looks familiar. I feel like I went to High School with him. Is he from Murray???

Crystal said...

Wow! you all look so gorgeous! Good genes, holy crap. We miss you guys! Your boys are darling!