Monday, April 13, 2009


It is past time for another update. I feel lately like life is just flying right by me and find myself hoping that I dont miss anything important! ha ha.  Really though, I have had to take a step back, take a deep breath and remember to enjoy these days. I have rededicated myself to not get so caught up in all the "things" I have to do (even if they are good "things"). And cherish the moments I have with my kids, husband, family and friends.
 Life is good and sometimes even better when we take a moment to slow down. 

A couple weeks after courtneys wedding we got to go up to Utah for their reception in Kaysville. It was our first road trip with both boys and they did pretty good on the road. The trick for coop was lots of snacks and the portable DVD player. I dont know what we would have done without it. Cole is an angel baby but being in his car seat all day threw him off a little and we definately felt that the following night! The reception was great. It was fun to spend time up at Landons house. His family is awesome and we had a great time! We stayed at the Huxtables home and they were so wonderful to us while we were there. We had the basement to ourselves so we didnt destroy the whole place! We cant thank them enough and are so grateful for such wonderful friends. It was also great to be able to catch up with some of our old friends from utah. The Lavakis and the Millers got to come hang one night and we remembered how bad we miss them! We laughed and talked and had a great time. We hope they will come visit soon!! It was also lucky for us because Whitney and Brandon Hale were there visiting from chicago for spring break. Their little Rach is to die for and it was so good to see them. I am counting down the days until they come back to me! ha ha. They will be moving to AZ after the summer and I cant wait! All in all it was a quick trip and was very fun! (p.s i accidently left my memory card in my card reader at home so I wasnt able to take any pics!! bummer! These are a few I stole from my sisters blog from the night we went to Kangaroo zoo) It was fun to hang out with courtney and Landon. We wish we were closer! They better get through school and move here quick! :)


We got home on sunday night at about 8 unpacked, put the kids in bed and repacked for a quick trip to VEGAS BABY! Monday at 1:30 we left for an overnight trip with some friends to celebrate Allison Bates 30th birthday. It was very quick but super fun. We stayed at the venician (which was incredible) had a fabulous dinner, saw Phantom of the Operah, slept in and came home tuesday. It was a fun celebration- thanks again to the Bates. I hope Allison had as much fun as we did. They are great friends! I also have to say how lucky and blessed I am to have such amazing parents who watched our boys for us. They are incredible parents and grandparents and I am thankful that they willingly let us use and abuse them. There is no way we can ever thank them enough.


1 comment:

Nicki said...

Umm, you came to UT and didn't call. I will only let that slip once. Hee Hee. What fun vacations. I am dying to see Phantom! I bet it was amazing.