Friday, September 11, 2009

On August 21, 2009 our little man Cole turned 1!!!!! It is REALLY hard to believe but that is what the calendar said so we decided to celebrate! I decided to do a lego cake and think it turned out pretty cute! Although it didnt make for the messy cake pics, cole still enjoyed picking off one marshmellow at a time and eating them rather professionally. We kept it simple with family, pizza, and ice cream. Just the basics but it was a lot of fun! 

Cole is a joy in our lives and has been since he was born. He is a smiley guy who has helped me understand others who in the past said they had the urge to squish and nibble on cheeks!  I can not get enough of his soft squishiness. There really is no word to describe it. His eyes are as big and blue as ever and his hair is still blonde! What? Still not sure how that happened but we love it! He started walking one week before his first birthday and does a pretty good job at running with or away from his brother (whichever is necessary at the time! ha ha) He has funny teeth right now! 2 on the bottom and 1 front and 1 side tooth on top. Hopefully the others grow in soon! He says mama, waves bye bye, points to his nose, and does an awesome demonstration of an airplane. He hangs his head and cries when he gets his feelings hurt and is not afraid to take on coop if they both want the same toy. He has the cutest laugh and most contagious smile. Everytime people see him they say "he changes so much every time we see him."  He has changed from a baby to a boy but I think I have figured out that it is mainly just because they dont expect him to be blonde haired blue eyed. Oh how we love him!! 
Here are some pics from his little party.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY BOY!!!















We love uncle dave and it looks like cole is taking after his skate boarding skills already!


5 comments:

OurHappyFamily said...

Oh Kasey, Cole is ADORABLE!! I love the lego cake. What a great idea! Darling pics!!

Bowdens said...

Happy Birthday to Cole! I LOVE your Lego Cake. The legos look so real. What a cute idea!

Cody and Lexie said...

I love that cake- how did you make that? It's so cute!! Hey I don't have you on my list - so here is my email lexier01@yahoo.com- email me yours and I will add it!!

Nicki said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLE! And holy cow, I can't believe he is 1. He is so handsome. Thanks for leaving a post on my blog. I am still working and loving it! Miss you too!!

Anonymous said...

Little Cole! The cake turned out DARLING! I love it. Wish we were there to help celebrate!