Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Our last stop on our road trip was Palmyra. It was a perfect conclusion to the trip and really brought everything together for me. I was overcome with the feeling that the Lord is in control of all that happens. Everything has a purpose and is part of his plan. He is aware of everyone. We got to see the Hill Cumorah, the Sacred Grove along with the Joseph Smith farm, and the beautiful Palmyra temple.

One of the coolest things was the Peter Whitmer Farm. This tiny log home was the site where the church was formally organized. It was absolutely beautiful. I don't know if I have ever seen anything quite like it. The leaves, green grass, and crispness in the air was something I will never forget. I was overwhelmed by the calm feeling that was there as we learned about the events that took place. How humble and obedient were the men and women who took part in the reorganization of our church.



I have never seen leaves like this before. Incredible!



We went to the Book of Mormon publication site and learned about what went in to printing the first copies of it. Every letter was hand placed and ink was rolled by hand. Then each page was sewn together with string and cut before it received a cover.It was amazing to see how much time and energy went in to making these books. We learned about the people who worked for the printing company and how even though they were not members of the church they felt the responsibility of making this book special. It was really neat.





We returned home very excited to hold our boys and very grateful for the awesome adventure we were able to have! I will remember this trip forever!

No comments: