Next stop- BOSTON!! Wow. Thats all I can say. I am in love with Boston. So fun, so beautiful, such an amazing city.
We walked a lot, ate incredible italian food, did the duck tours (got a VIP ride) and learned old and new facts about Boston, saw the cute town that Spencer grew up in, toured Harvard square, and attended the Beautiful Boston Temple. We packed a lot into 2 days and loved every minute of it.
Our experience in Boston started off with us wandering into the only restaurant that was still open in Faneuil Hall. It was called Dicks Last Resort and turned into quite an adventure. It took a few minutes of confusion and awkwardness to realize that the theme of the restaurant is poor service and rude people. Our waitress bossed us around, made crude jokes, and called people names like K-Fed (aka danny :) ha ha). Some of it was funny- some of it not so much! Dont know if I would recommend it to people but at least we can say we have been there.
Good Times!
We ate breakfast at the site of the "Big Dig" and had an incredible view of the city. There is nothing better than great friends, great scenery, and great pastries! :)
We walked the Freedom Trail which was soooo fun. It is a red brick line that runs all over the city and takes you to historical spots along the way. I love learning about things as I see them so this was very neat. Spence was the perfect tour guide and we didnt even have to pay him! :)
Benjamin Franklin monument. Old city hall and the site of the first public school.
It was so amazing to see the places that were the foundation for the incredible country we live in. To see the first public school and the first organized church and then think about what they have grown into today was so cool. I once again had such a profound feeling that the men who helped in the founding of our country were truely inspired and that the Lord has guided each step for things to be how they are today.
I was overcome with the streets and buildings in Boston. Beautiful brick and cobble stone with little shops and restaurants. The feeling there is addicting and I could not take enough pictures to try and capture it. Although they definitely dont do it justice the pictures bring back those feelings for me.
1 comment:
wow! what an awesome trip. we did a similar trip a couple of years ago and loved boston too! such pretty pictures!
Post a Comment