Thursday, October 29, 2009

New York New York!!

I really dont know how I got to be so lucky but I am. Danny and I were able to go on an amazing 8 day road trip back east with some of our best friends Rachael and Spencer. Thanks to the love and support of family and friends who took rotations watching our boys- we were able to be kid free. WOW! Thank you thank you to all those who loved Cooper and Cole while we were gone. This trip was incredible on so many levels.
First- it was so fun to just spend time together as a couple. Our boys bring us so much joy but danny really is my best friend and we love being together !
Second- we could not have traveled with better friends! Spencer and Rachael are truely like family and it is rare to find friends that you can spend 8 straight days with and have it be so fun and easy. Thanks guys! You are wonderful and we love you! Third- we got to see big famous cities and loved them all for different reasons!
Fourth- We got to attend 4 beautiful temples. It is one of my favorite things to go travel to new and different places and then feel so at home when I walk into a temple or church building. It is amazing. I love it. My testimony of the gospel and of Heavenly Fathers plan was strengthened so much as we traveled, saw the beauties of the earth, met people from different places with so many different stories, and attended the temple. I have never been so sure that Heavenly father knows and loves ALL his children as I was on this trip.

Here is a recap of the whole trip! We started on an early flight to New York!
TIME SQUARE

I loved the streets of the upper town of New York. So beautiful!
We met up with Brett Crandall and his wife Kimber and spent some time in the MET. This museum was incredible and we did not even scratch the surface. The other crazy part is that there is an $20 admittance fee but it is just a "suggested price." You pay whatever you want to- What?! The look on dannys face was priceless when the girl was explaining that to him. "Suggested price" just did not register with us! ha ha


Rockafeller Plaza
Shrek on broadway! It was so fun! I think danny and I both love broadway shows so much because we wish we could sing like they do!! Unbelievable.
Riding the Subway created many adventures for us! ha ha. One of the best was this reggae band that played Bob Marley the whole time we were riding. They were really good and it was fun to jam out to.
We rode the Staten Island Ferry at 1:00 in the morning. It was freezing but awesome to see the Statue of Liberty all lit up along the coastline of New York. (The statue of liberty was so much closer than it looks in our pics! ha ha)
New York was wonderful. We saw the sights, were involved in a hit and run, (got that statistic taken care of! ha ha) got a 5 hour run around from the New York police department, ate the best pizza we have ever had in our lives, hit up nike town, and loved every minute! It was the perfect beginning to our trip.

5 comments:

Jill said...

YAY! You guys are so lucky. What a fun trip.

Dear Cooper & Cole,

I can't wait to hear how the chicken and the... what's Cole going to be? Well, hope you cool dudes have a happy halloween!!

Spooks & spiders...
Love,
Cedric

Courtney and Landon Fowler said...

I am so freakin jealous... seriously. Makes me sad.

Someday. A girl can dream of New York right?

Miss you!

Landvatter Family said...

I love all the pictures! It looks like you guys had a blast! I am so jealous!

Brandon and Lindsay said...

HOW FUN! I'm glad you guys got a little break to just enjoy yourselves-you deserve it! It was so fun seeing you when you came to Vegas. We love you guys!

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

How fun! A trip to new york! wowie! lovin the photos you took too!