Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Camping with family and friends

We went on a fabulous campout with the Crittendends, the Hales, and the Perkinsons. We drove a couple hours north and Danny found us a fabulous camp site where we only saw 1 other car drive by the whole time we were there. We had wonderful food, a great camp fire, the boys took the kids on a "friendly bear" hunt, we stayed up late talking around the fire, shot guns, went to the bathroom in the forrest (yes even whitney) :) and the kids could not have gotten more dirty. It was a blast. I have to admit that I was nervous about how the night would go and thought it would be a disaster but suprisingly our boys did great. About 9 they asked if they could go to bed so we did our little routine, tucked them in, and didnt hear another peep from them all night. Danny and I got to hang out at the campfire for a few hours without them. It was awesome. We are so lucky to have such great friends. This will definatley become a tradition!

I have very mixed feelings about this but cooper LOVES to go shooting. He is very well behaved, calm, and obedient when he is with the grown ups shooting but it still makes me nervous because I know his little mind doesnt really understand. He knows that he cant get close to any guns without dad and the first time he disobeys will be the last time he ever gets to shoot with the grownups again!! :) It is fun though to watch danny and him together. They are best buddies.









1 comment:

leila said...

that looks like TOO much fun.