Thursday, October 6, 2011

The other day cooper came up to me and asked if I would help him find his power ranger costume... he told me he had looked EVERYWHERE (which means nothing! He gets that from his dad. ha ha) and that he had even said a prayer to Heavenly Father to help him find it. It was so sweet to see how sincere he was. I took the opportunity for a little teaching moment and told him that when we ask Heavenly Father for help we still have to work hard to get our answer. So we went and found his costume (right in the box where it was supposed to be) ha ha. And then had another teaching moment to say thank you to Heavenly Father after we get our answer. Later that day cole couldnt find one of his toys and when he found it he immediately dropped to his knees and said the sweetest little prayer of thanks. He didnt even know I was watching. It brought tears to my eyes.
There are few times as a mom when you get little moments (or tender mercies I believe) when Heavenly Father reminds you that you ARE doing a good job, your kids ARE hearing what you say, they ARE watching what you do, and it IS the greatest most rewarding gift to be a mother. For me these moments are very small... and come from the littlest things (like a super hero costume) but I always want to savor them because they are the little reminders on long days that Heavenly Father knows how hard I am trying and knows that every once in a while I need to be reminded that I must be doing something right. :)

1 comment:

leila said...

YOU DO MOST THINGS RIGHT!!