Sunday, August 28, 2011

Cooper

Oh how I love this boy. He is growing up too quickly and I am doing my best to just take him in!! Age four has been the most challenging for me as a mother so far... :) He wants to go go go all the time and definitely has helped fulfill the phrase that "its never enough" I struggle to find a parenting technique with him that I feel is effective in teaching him how to be grateful and happy for all we have and get to do! :) Luckily I have a lot of good friends who reassure me that this is typical phase and if I hang on through it, it will get better! ha ha. The other day I was taking the boys to the park and cooper was whining the ENTIRE drive there. He was mad we didnt bring his bike, and mad that we couldnt stay longer than an hour, and mad that we didnt bring a friend with us, and mad that... As we arrived at the park I had had it. I gave the typical "you are lucky I am even bringing you to the park" speach and told him that he needed to have a time out on the bench until he could be grateful or we would just turn around and go home. I was feeling like a horrible mother for not being more patient and for not raising a child that was happy and grateful about what I do for him. Ha Ha. As I unloaded the kids and sent cooper to the bench a car pulled up beside us and as the mother was unloading her children I listened to her give the EXACT same speech to her kids with the exact tone of exhaustion that I had been feeling. I had to just smile to myself. I felt like it was a tender mercy from heavenly father reminding me to hang in there, I wasnt alone, and I was doing just fine. :) It turned out to be a good day!
Other than that struggle with him, he is a wonderful boy who is very smart, thinks everything through, wants to be obedient, loves to play and laugh, is a wonderful helper, and has an incredible spirit. I love him with all my heart and am grateful for everything he teaches me daily. He is one of my best friends!!


Cooper did a year of lets play music. Although he is not much of a performer (that is an understatement... he takes after me!) He loves loves music and had a wonderful time in his class. He has a darling little voice and is very good at staying on tune.









No comments: